Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy Our

I took Mary out to the Rockbottom happy hour this evening. After four days of 1/2 to full day meetings, I needed a break. RB features $5 "starters"and reduced drinks. We have two or three appetizers and 2 or 3 drinks between us then leave, occasionally to Barnes and Noble for Americanos and cheesecake for an outing that costs between 30 and 40 bucks. Today I walked Mary over to Best Buy to look over flat panel TVs, but we left without a purchase, I was loathe to part with $700 for a 42" TV to put in the den. Actually, I will continue the search for a digital replacement as I am exploring the option of over the air plus netflix movies perhaps with an AppleTV box to view netflix on demand and other web offerings. We subscribe to comcast for internet with sufficient download (and good upload) speeds that would allow decent streaming viewing. I have to add that I could chuck the whole viewing thing and get back to sounds. Yesterday I spent about an hour dabbling on the sax. I can't imagine pushing air through the horn for very long and considered switching to the flute which places no pressure on my inner, upper lip where the sax mouthpiece hits. I remember seeing school buddies bite the mouthpiece to play, but the vibes drive me nuts and probably would literally do so with the sound energy transmitted through the teeth to the brain.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice evening. I never could get used to the idea of a reed instrument...

    ReplyDelete