Friday, June 25, 2010

Return of the Monsoons?

I don't know where the day went. It started at 1:00 a.m. followed by some tossing and turning before getting up to do some incidental reading (Seven Disciplines of Strengthening Instruction by Tony Wagner). I also perused the Lynda.com on-line software training site. I got a 30 day trial from (re)registering my Adobe CS3 software bundle. I started watching Filemaker Pro training video to learn about using he client software as a limited DB server. I got back to bed around 3:00 a.m.

When I awoke I went straight to work on a dragging assignment for my day job as federal grants application coordinator. My goal was to get the damn thing done Friday 11 June, but only today did the grant account send the spreadsheet I need to code the grant narrative with the right grants fiscal spreadsheet line items. Tedious stuff.

I started to clear out the potato cellar shelves of junk hardware, never getting to the work to nail down loose tin panels that flap in the wind and annoy the neighbor. It got cloudy and rained like it hasn't done in a while with clouds rolling in and gathering mid-day then roiling to a thunderstorm and some showers. It is raining again at 9:30 p.m.!

I started trimming the dead wood off a lilac bush in front of my study. The top is overgrown and full of dead branches which do not let the new growth underneath catch any sun. A bush should be trimmed more narrowly at the top to let sun hit the lower sections, This one looks like a cheap haircut. I need a truck!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dad,

    We noticed the same thing up here. Blazing hot, above 100 yesterday and cool and rainy today. It's good, though, because there is a 80-100 acre wildfire in Estes Park. I hope it rained enough to squelch the fire.

    Hugs,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete