Monday, June 21, 2010

It's the longest day of the year, so I figured I had time to start a blog. We're back on the Pipe Dream West in the San Luis Valley, USA from our new home in Loveland, CO. This year marks the 20th anniversary of our arrival to Colorado from hot, old Texas. We arrived in 1990 on Father's Day with three school age children and one toddler, Jessica, Hannah, Shane and Claire. Mary was pregnant with our only native, Eve, born on a cold night during a winter marked by many weeks of 20 below zero nights. Like that year in 1990, the summer days are still windy.

Today Mary and I drove the [Kawasaki] Mule down to the river. I told her I'd only go to wade into the river to retrieve two fishing lures I'd lost. Yesterday, I followed Mary and Eve (the native) on the Mule while they walked to Nat Sr.s home on the riverbank. I caught one fish which wound up to become fish tostadas. Catching a larger trout today led me to investigate how to humanely kill a caught fist The most humane way may be to whack them behind the neck!

No comments:

Post a Comment