Sunday, December 18, 2011

Approaching Saturnalia

Claire is back. She flew in from Costa Rica a day or two back. Last night, she and Jarrod stayed over to join us, then Jarrod left for the Broncos-Patriots game. While he was gone, the other sisters and partners came over to wish her an early birthday. I will post a few pictures later, but will only mention here the mid-day meal menu. Mary and I marinated two sets of chickens thighs, one in lemon and black pepper and the other in yogurt, cumin, cilantro and garlic. The latter I cooked less thoroughly because I selected out the larger thighs to fit in the larger casserole dish... Accompanying the poultry were grilled Brussels sprouts, cut in half and doused in olive oil and garlic/butter mashed potatoes. The weather allowed us to sit outside in the sun as the temperature hovered in the low 60s, but we retreated to the family room to listen as Claire narrated hundreds of photos she collected during her fall semester experience. Shane called from Knoxville to say he was on the way. I spoke to my parents to touch base in the pre-holidays. Tally ho for now, Cheers.

1 comment: