Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bad Sleepy Seed

I am experiencing restless sleep again. Worry reigns as I scramble to get some things done this week and before the end of the month. I was up about an hour and a half early this morning intent on tending to some paperwork. Instead, I culled through district email, created a number of folders and earlier this evening finished the work I started early this morning setting up mail rules to route incoming mail to folders.

This evening I spent a couple of hours with a team of people on a subcommittee working on a section of the new district strategic plan. Our group began work over two months ago around "Digital Citizen", by our definition a person who seamlessly and responsibly uses digital media to create, communicate, collaborate, produce and evaluate. The two strategies we proposed for the work were "provide ubiquitous access to technology and training to all and recognize, respect and honor informal learning.

Anyway, I need to get some rest right now as I need to contribute some action steps for each strategy. Instead of waking up around 2:00 a.m. I hope to make it to 4:00 as I often do. Then I can get my 5 or 6 hours of sleep and draft the work for the lead dude to edit and turn in tomorrow. I have a meeting through the morning and a webinar at 2:00 p.m. leaving a couple of hours through lunch to take care of the most pressing paperwork. I will probably get home thereafter to nap, do a little more work and then check in to a targeted family assistance learning night at one of the title schools at 6:00 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment